Potterton Statesman Flowsure - Overheat

I

Igorian

Hi guys, I think it's bad news, but maybe you can give me an idea of the work involved.

I have a Potterton Statesman Flowsure oil fired boiler. My daughter has just tried to run a bath, but no hot water.

The boiler is showing an overheat warning and is venting air through the pressure release valve. Temp guage is max. Pressure guage dropping slowly.

I checked for pressure in the expansion vessel and although there is, it is also spraying small quantities of water, which I guess is not good.

Currently powered off and waiting further suggestions/questions

Regards
Ian

Sponsored Links
I kinda thought u were gonna say that. :cry:

After it cooled a little, I refilled it and it appears to be running. Not sure if this is to be expected? DHW pressure seems a little low

Is replacing the expansion vessel strictly CORGIland, or can it be DIY? It appears to be reasonably accessible.

no reason why you cant diy is the system pressure rising a lot ?

ie towards 3 :eek:
you might have to clean / replace the prv as well they have a habit of leaking once opened :cry:

Sponsored Links
No, pressure was at 1 and then dropped to zero during overheat. After refilling, I didn't have to bleed the rads, so not sure where all the air came from.

if the ex vessel was full of water the pressure should be rising fast when burning :confused: :confused:

you didnt by any chance press a brass thing top left :?: :?:

the re 2 pressure devices, one with a black nurled screw like device, which was venting gas, and the other, marked with a 3, which wasn't venting anything.

Pressure is now back at 1 after refill. It appears as though the boiler was empty, as it took ages for it to bleed. The rads were full. Wierd.

the one with the knurled screw is the auto air vent
the one merked 3 is the pressure relief valve
the expension vessel is on the front above the burner ;)

remind me not to break my pooter again :LOL: :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back