Potterton suprima 30 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a potterton suprima boiler with a problem. After a while of being on it will cut out and the red warning light will flash. Pushing reset sometimes works, however sometimes the green light will flash if you push the pcb housing in a little it will fire the boiler up. Im thinking its a loose somthing or another any ideas?

cheers

Phil

Sponsored Links
I suggest you do a search on this forum for 'suprima'. You are just one of many with this type of problem.
My money says it's poor soldering on the pcb, especially where the terminal posts are soldered, you may need a magnifier to spot the cracks.
Options are:
(1) Re-solder (2) reconditioned pcb (3) new pcb.
Read the other posts, but stand by with your wallet.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...also resolder relay connections into the board, and clean all the connector contacts (poking up from the board.

right went to work on the pcb with a solder iron and a prayer. Slapped it back in the housing and bosh, is a workin been 3 days now and not one trip out. sooooooo without wanting to tempt fate, seems to of done the trick.

Now to my next problem the motorised valve in the airing cupboard is playing up, has been for a while now. Water will come on but the heating will not, if you manualy force it the heating will flare up. So i think a replacement is in order, where is the best place to get one of these from. I have heard that these wear after a few years and is best replaced so any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Go to any plumbers merchants with the number of your valve. You may get away with a new synchron motor if your lucky for about £15. If there is a little dimple on the top of the valve (honeywell) this means you can just swap heads over if you are confident your system is clean and pure otherwise it's a full drain down and replacement valve. What make of valve is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back