Potterton Suprima 50 problems - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Suprima 50 which has been locking out intermittently for months. 3 visits by a plumber failed to cure the problem as it was not on lock out when he visited.

At beginning of March the heating failed, we had no heat in the radiators, and banging from the boiler. Another plumber was called and replaced the pump which seemed to cure the problem, we also put the cleaning solution followed by the anti corrosion solution through the system. Radiators work fine and are hotter than before: pump more powerful than previous one.

Intermittent lockout still occurs however. Plumber said to order a new PCB as this would solve the problem. We did so, he came to fit it but then he said it would not fit as a new fascia board should have been included with the PCB.

Is this correct? Or are we being taken for a ride because we didnt get a new PCB through him?

Any advice would be welcome as we only wish to have a working boiler!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
New suprima pcbs are supplied with fascia kit

They should also come in an unopened sealed box - I certainly wouldnt want to fit one where the box has been opened.

Unfortunatley its common practice to return pcbs to suppliers that have previousley been fitted, and worse still where the old faulty pcb has been returned to the suppliers as new. Thats happened to me a couple of times in the past so I always check to make sure box is unopened.

Many thanks for the advice galwag.

There was certainly no fascia supplied and the box was not sealed. I think I will be speaking to the suppliers of the PCB.

Keep up the good work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back