Potterton Suprima 50L.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Potterton Suprima 50L that keeps locking out. I've had a guy round to have a look and he says that the PCB needs replacing and that this will involve rewiring the whole thing inside. Quote is £285. I'm not asking if the quote is reasonable as I know this is frowned upon on the forums but is it right that the whole thing will need rewiring?

I'm not saying I don't believe the chap but I've been tucked up before so I like to check when it looks like a lot of work!

Thanks all.

Dackers.

Sponsored Links
the wiring comes with the new pcb ,about 1hrs work. pcb kit is around the 100 mark. but he may be correcting external wiring fault

Parts Center price for said board £185.06 inc; purchaced this week.
have I been tucked up?

Sponsored Links
Dackers said:
I've got a Potterton Suprima 50L that keeps locking out. I've had a guy round to have a look and he says that the PCB needs replacing and that this will involve rewiring the whole thing inside. Quote is £285. I'm not asking if the quote is reasonable as I know this is frowned upon on the forums but is it right that the whole thing will need rewiring?

I'm not saying I don't believe the chap but I've been tucked up before so I like to check when it looks like a lot of work!

Another CORGI rip off merchant

prolly 15 minutes work including tea break (If he had lost an arm and was blind)
you could do a lot better than £180 which is the RRP *

* real ripoff price

p.s. you don't need a CORGI, if you are competent (which means you can read the instructions, are not colour blind, have a screwdriver and can tie your own shoe laces ...

you could do it yourself

ollski said:
I thought the rrp for the board was 259 :eek:

I thought it was 224.74 plus

Sheesh

we are all getting ripped off

just looked and found this

424146 POTT 5111603 ELECTRONIC CONTROL KIT 225.00 (plus vat)

so how much is the bleeder????

corgiman said:
ollski said:
I thought the rrp for the board was 259 :eek:

I thought it was 224.74 plus
Sheesh
we are all getting ripped off
quote]
Ultimately it's the customer who ends up getting ripped off, isn't it

Even £100 is a rip off price ollski

Ordered one of these through the companys parts desk today and was 130, dunno how much of a reduced price they get them for.

John2512_00 said:
Ordered one of these through the companys parts desk today and was 130, dunno how much of a reduced price they get them for.

A brace for £100 !

They are a rip off

all parts from the manufacturers are at rip off prices, but who gets the blame for the prices

US

sheesh

it is astonding how they gtet away with it

when are we going to see potterton on "rogue traders"?

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back