Potterton Suprima 80 intermittant lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be a common problem with Suprima range. Mine sometimes has a lockout out on initial startup - red light flashing and no ignition. Pressing reset usually gets it going straightaway but next time it can happen again. Other times no problem. Can't be overheat, is it PCB ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would say YES They all seem to give up after a few years.
Potterton introduced a improved pcb about two years ago.
If you do search for 'potterton suprima' you will see others with the same problem.
I think the pcbs are common in the 30 to 70 range the 80 may have a different pc board.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, Mandate. I've looked up other cases and found similarities..looks like pcb is chief suspect alright. Maybe reflow the solders, otherwise replacement part at 226 euro incl. VAT.. :eek: ouch! At least I can refit it myself and save the call out charge. There's a new version pcb p/n 5102160 which replaces p/n 407750 so Potterton must have realised that there was a problem with the old part. Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Or you can get cheaper re-con ones from http://www.cetltd.com/ much cheaper. But it sounds like you have the same problem i had, you just need to reflow the majority of the solder joints, it worked for me, good luck :)

AL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back