Power Hose Protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new hose for my power wash costing over £50 which is my 2nd in 2 years because the damn thing busts due to wear and tear on the ground.

What can I use to cover the hose to protect it from ground friction etc as I've been told many people do this especially at Car wash sites.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
can you not make something?

i was thinking along the lines of a pole fixed to the p.w with a spring on top and the hose tied to this.

similar to what you can get for a domestic iron

Why not use a length of ordinary garden hose ?
Slit down the length of it,and slip it over the power washer hose.

Definitely cheaper :D

This is the best for this purpose as you dont lose any flexibilty or add much weight. I have only used this link for the piccy, I am sure you will get it cheaper.

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=466

You will probably get it from ARCO or similar, it is usually called flexible hose protector.

An alternative would be short pieces of thicker hose over the top and bonded about every foot, or maybe similar to the petrol pump hoses in garages, with small rubber rings, which automatically fall to the lowest point.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back