power showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install two power showers and what I want to know is:

1. can just one pump be used for both showers?
2. do the showers have to have their own supply from the hot and cold water tanks or can I take a spur off the pipes supplying the basin, toilet etc.?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
jimbo5050 said:
1. can just one pump be used for both showers?
Yes - check the flow rate recommended by the shower manufacturers and get a pump that's capable of supplying both at once. Or get a smaller pump and just use one shower at a time.

2. do the showers have to have their own supply from the hot and cold water tanks or can I take a spur off the pipes supplying the basin, toilet etc.?
Most pump manufacturers stipulate (i.e. recommend) that the shower/pump has an independent cold supply and a hot supply that can't suck in air (e.g. Essex flange or such like).

Thanks for that.
I see that you say recommend as opposed to have to. Can I take it that I could use the existing supply, its just that the distance involved for the pipe run is quite long so it would save a lot of hassle.

jimbo5050 said:
I see that you say recommend as opposed to have to.
Well, to take this to its natural limit, nobody has to do anything, but there are consequences to not doing the right thing.

I understand the temptation to avoid hassle, but I can't encourage you to do anything except what the shower valve and shower pump manufacturers stipulate. If you do something different, and it doesn't work, or perhaps even damages the pump, then you'll have no claim against the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back