Power to the office...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am wanting to add 10 double sockets and 4 light points to a converted stone outbuilding that is to be used as an office.

We currently have an RCD on the outside of the house that provides power to 2 sockets in the outbuilding, 1 internal light in the outbuilding and 1 external security light on the outside of the outbuilding.

As I say, the RCD is located on the side of the house, and the all the switches are located some 15 meters away on the inside of the outbuilding.

So, what is the recommended way forward here?

SOCKETS: Can I simply put a junction box in place of the existing power socket (which we do not use) and run the 10 sockets from that?

LIGHTS: Can I replace the unused outbuilding light source with a junction and add 4 light points to this?

Any help appreciated
Martin

Sponsored Links
depends on condition of existing cables, size of cables etc.

best get an electricain in to do it, besides if it is going to be an office you can not do it...liability insurance etc

It's really more of a home office than a commerical enterprise.

As for the wiring, it was all new when we bought the place a year ago.

rcd on the outside ?!

get us photos of this entire outdoor install (including wherever it is fed from) and then we will ask more questions

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back