powermax 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had to replace both taps on an upstairs radiator due to them seizing. I therefore had to drain the water out of the radiator & I assume the rest of the system upstairs.

I have a powermax 155, which has a header tank. I turned the inlet to this tank off when I was draining the system. I have fitted the new taps to the radiator & turned on the inlet to the header tank - it filled up & I bled the radiator. However, the boiler will now not light. Electric & gas are all available etc. :(

Is there air in the boiler? If so I cannot find anywhere to bleed the air out.

Andy

Sponsored Links
does your boiler have a piolt light?
if so did u turn it off before u drained down, could have gone on overheat lockout

The Powermax users instructions say there is no pilot light.

all the rads are full and u are getting water out the bleed valves?
the header tank is full ?
u can also bleed the system at the pump, ( undo the big screw on the front)
if your sure the system is full

do u have power at the boiler? (power light on)

i u didnt switch the power off before u drained down u could have caused the boiler to go to lockout, if so u will need to find the reset

Sponsored Links
Radiators are now full, & so is the header tank. The main power light is on (but no burner light). I'm not sure what to look for for the reset.

Thanks

who makes the boiler so i can get up the spec for it,

im assuming all the controls are calling for heat, eg the programmer is switched on and the room stat turned up

All I have is the user instructions Powermax 155/155CP. The thermostat is up full - not getting HW or CH.

sorry i cant get any pics or boiler spec for that boiler/model, and i dont know what its features are of the top of my head,

only thing i can sagest is that u look up, reset button in the instructions

did u turn the power off before u drained down?

There is nothing about a reser in the instructions. When I drained the system I switched the boiler to off on the boiler controller itself (besides the timer controls it has a switch for continuous, off & timed) - I did switch off at the mains junction box.

Is the reset button an electrical switch?

just simply a button located somewhere on the boiler, i would be quite clear in the instructions

Bingo - there is nothing in the instructions, I took the metal cover off above the timer panel & there is a wiring diagram that shows a man. reset - I followed the wiring & found a sensor that looks like a fat copper disk close to the fan. The brown/red plastic mounting for this disk goes through a metal panel to the front & you can press the middle of this (almost invisible) & it clicks.

I set the boiler too off & restarted & the burner is now on - we now have warm water (after 5 mins) fingers crossed.

British Gas would not come out today & no local engineers will touch a Powermax. Thanks Shaneo - you have just stopped 1 baby and a 5 yr. old from freezing to death :D :D

knew she was there somewhere:) remember that 1, they can be tricky to find

I have a Powermax 155 boiler with no user insructions. I have search the web without luck. Can anyone help / supply?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back