Primatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have changed my ch pump the cylinder is a primatic direct feed. The boiler wont fire up and my service engineer says it is okay and there is an airlock but he wont touch it cause i changed the pump (its political)how is the best way of getting airlocks out of this type of system. ive bled all the rads and no more air is coming out. Could there be a lock in the cylinder and how do i sort it?

Sponsored Links
By design there is an air lock in this type of cylinder. It keeps the central heating water and domestic hot water separate.

You bled the radiators, but did you also bleed the pump, boiler and other vents around your central heating system? If your boiler has an automatic air vent, check that its cap is loose enough to let air escape (they sometimes get screwed down).

change your plumber this really p******s me off when a plumber decides he is god, if he is going to get paid then what the hell get on with it just cos he couldnt charge you profit on the pump. If he thinks you may have messed up then he should explain why if he thinks its dangerous then it should be his duty to keep you safe

had a new customer the other day she wanted to change her bath taps she called her plumber who said he could do it that week until he found out she had bought the taps then all of a sudden he was booked for a month.

I went there changed the taps £40.00 thanks very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back