primer- for painting a wet room floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister had a go at DIY ( I should post this in the disater section)

She decided the light coloured wet room flooring was badly stained and marked so she painted it with some sort of water proof paint. No prep or priming first!

So I've got to help her out.

Is it possible to paint a wet room floor?

( the floor seems like a rubberised/vinyl type flooring sloping down to an intergrated drain)

Any ideas how to salvage this?

I forgot to say, that the paint she put on has started to peel and flake off! ( No supprise there!)

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest paint stripper to get the old stuff off, but test on a small area first in case it dissolves the flooring too!

Dunno what would cover a flexible flooring, I suspect it flexes too much for any coating to attach.

old paint must come off, try soft copper power wire brush on a grinder or drill, then thin coat of epoxy paint used on plastic cladding ,solvent in paint should bite into surfaces. not white spirit base as it will not work, protega from (symphony paints phone 0161.7965097 make such a paint), as do crown and leyland/johnstone. hope this helps,worth a try ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back