printer not printing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Lexmark printer. within the past few months the colour stopped printing(the p.c says there is colour in the cartridge 3/4 full)
now the black has stopped, same again. plenty of ink in cartridge.

any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Possibly blocked jets or the ink is drying out. How old is the ink?

ink is priity old now you mention it. never used my printer for about 2 months.

how can i tell if its the ink or blocked jets ?

dom2466 said:
ink is priity old now you mention it. never used my printer for about 2 months.

how can i tell if its the ink or blocked jets ?

You could try several cleaning cycles, but you will probably end up replacing the ink. If the jets are blocked on the printer, you might be able to use some IPA or other alcohol to clean the ets, but these printers are cheap so don't expect great results.

I had a few calls during July with this very same problem. The hot weather and lack of use causes the problem.

Sponsored Links
hi dom i have same probs dont throw printer and the cleaning cycle wont work very well if not at all the ink has dried hard in the jets the best way is to buy a cleaning cartridge which has solvents in it it cured my epson . i had no black before, and after back like a new printer . the black cartridge only cost me just over 2 pound, and you can use it many times you can get them for the clour too any way good luck

thanks for the tips. ill try the cleaning cartridge tip first as am not to good with printers 9 not sure how to clean the jets etc) thanks for the help lads. ill let you know how i get on

Back