PROBLEM SORTED

M

MKGUY

:confused:
Hi Hopefully somebody can help? Just moved into my new place, and I'm a complete novice plumber!

Recently my Boiler's (Baxi PF2) stopped working. When the mains is turned on, and the system is calling for heat, the overheat light comes on. When I attempt to reset it (ie turn it to 0...wait... then on again) It switches off completely (you can here a click noise) And then thats it, it wont come on again. You have to switch it off then on from the mains to get it on to the overheat light position again.

The pump, timer, motorised valve and stats are all working fine. I have recently had to replace my motor in my valve, when i did it, I accidently earthed the earthing plate to one of the live resistors in the valve and blew it. So I had to replace the whole valve body and actuator in the end. Could me blowing the valve hence tripping the circuit, have caused the boiler to play up? I thought not as the fuse in the boiler is ok, and the overheat light comes on, hence implying that power is not a problem. However this issue with the overheat light and no firing up i a real pain as I've been living in a freezing house and using my immersion heating for HW.

PROBLEM SORTED>>> SORRY COULD NOT DELETE MY POSTING

Sponsored Links
It might help others to know the solution to your problem...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back