Problem with Glow-Worm Spacesaver 50 MkI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject says I am experiencing a problem with my boiler :( .

When starting from cold the boiler operates for a few minutes then cuts out. After a few restarts it then stays on and work ok. In the process of identifying the fault the system has been drained (X400 and X100) used, the pump, thermocoupler and thermostat have been changed but still the problem exists. One other symptom of this problem is that the boiler works ok when the boiler cover is not in place (I know this is not safe practice :oops: ). I cannot find any information on the Glow Worm site - any ideas?

Many thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
I had exactlty same problem a couple of years ago , this was a fault with the thermocouple and i was replacing with a multi use thermocouple and still kept having problems.. last time i went to a plumbers merchants and got a correct thermocouple for this model and has not cut out since.. what thermocouple have you fitted ?

Hi Sparkytele, I replaced the Thermocouple with one from a Heating Supplies Company - so I think it is the correct one. Any ideas how to check?

no idea tonymcc.... when u say the boiler stops does everything go off... pilot light etc ?? if the pilot light goes out then its definatley something to do with the thermocouplr or a faulty gas valve... the thrmocouple tells the gas valve to shut down.

Sponsored Links
Having replaced the Thermocouple already it sounds like it must be the Gas Value, but I think that this is beyond my basic skills. I'd like to confirm that it's not the thermocouple before I call for an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back