Problem with Suprima 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for your years of combined knowledge and wisdom.

I have been called into to have a look at a Potterton Suprima 50 that locks out after a week.

I have checked all controls, wiring etc. Water in system, that side is fine.

What happens is, the red light flashes, which points to boiler lockout. You cannot reset the boiler by pressing the button, it goes back to lockout.

But, if you turn of electric completely and turn back on it works, for about 5-6 days, than for no reason locks out.

Any suggestion what it could be.

Thanks.
Matt

Sponsored Links
What's the serial number of the boiler also
Have a look at the PCB
white label with date code and issue number
what does it say?

regardless what it says.......99.9999999% of suprimas i go to with this prob end up with the new pcb/wiring harness, never to have the fault reoccur again.

and still potterton deny a problem... this is now the 4th version of the board :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
IMHO 70%+ of ignition lockouts on these are the ignition lead breaking down...you do replace this as part of the PCB wiring harness so the fault is always assumed attributable to the PCB. Check the HT ignition lead first - expect almost a dead short down it. I DON'T work for Baxi/Potterton honest, this is not propaganda! :eek: Back to the original post - I'm sure lockout LED going 2/sec can be both ignition (likely) or overheat...shut down all TRVs except bypass rad to try simulate OH. Other than that if it has a "touchpad" reset button these are very prone to not resetting. A PCB does sound likely, though...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back