Problem with wall anchor fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to wall mount a monitor.

The wall fixing came with these strange looking things that are apparently called 'anchors'!

You're meant to drill a hole - insert the anchor and tighten the nut (which I then assume expands the metal bit inside making it tight).

The only problem is, when I turn the nut, the whole unit turns - therefore not tightening anything!

Does anyone have any expert advice? :)

Many thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
i take it it is a plasterboard wall?

i wouldnt use them to support a monitor, monitors are usually heavy, can you not find a stud in the wall and fix to that?

Sponsored Links
I live in a house with plaster and lath walls. To fix a TV monitor, I used 8mm x 120mm screwed frame fixers and drilled and screwed through the plaster and lath, through the space behind, and into the underlying brickwork. Absolutely solid fixing.

May be you could employ similar method if space behind plaster board is not too great?

which is why i suggested finding a stud and fixing to that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back