Problems after filling CH system

WGP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Confused here. I'm trying to bleed radiators in a vented system after draining and refilling. Oil fired boiler is downstairs but pumps hot water upstairs first. It looks like downstairs rads are then fed from upstairs. With me so far? All rads filled okay (and bled) from header tank but when I put boiler on, didn't get any hot water to any rads (or inlet pipes). Pump is pushing hot water up the pipe from the boiler and return to boiler is warm (although I think that could be from DHW side of things). Have managed to get 2 rads working upstairs by a combination of bleeding and sucking water out. Am I just going to have to persevere with this or am I missing something obvious?? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Did I mention boiler is now situated in an extension. The original radiators and pipework in the main house remain unchanged.

If you are sure you have bled the system try closing the valves on the rads that work - this may help remove any air (if this is the prob), also bleed any thumb vents in airing cupboard and try bleeding the pump(when it is switched off).

Sponsored Links
bster, seems you were right. Bled pump and hot water reached all radiators. Thanks!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back