PROBLEMS WIRING A BOILER!!! HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,
i am experiencing problems with wiring a boiler. it is a wickes halstead 60. it is gravity HW and PUMPED CH.
it has one 2 way zone valve on the central heating. No cylinder or room stat,customer doesnt want one his old boiler didint have one so he cant see why he needs one now. The instructions dont cover this scenario.So have been racking my brains trying to sort it and think im nearly there
Where the room stat should go is connected to the CH ON in the programmer,number 4 on tag strip. Cylinder stat should go into 6 and onto a zone valve and then to 10 to boiler.
My problem is now where do i connect the HW ON from the programmer , i think it should be to 10 on tag strip, along with the zone valve for the CH. But that is my problem. Can anyone help.

ALSO I LIVE IN ROTHERHAM AND AM STRUGGLING TO FIND A SPARKIE TO WIRE IN THESE SYSTEMS FOR ME, ANYONE OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP. PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Sponsored Links
I thought the Part L regs required room stats and cylinder stats now.

i have left him overnight with this issue of needing boiler stats etc, hopefully tomorro he will be more accomadating before i have to state it is needed to complete the job.

Sponsored Links
Which will still need thermostatic controll to comply with building regs........

Is working on your central heating also notifiable to building control then? £100 callout for changing your radiator valve?

thanks for the replies chap, yet again you have been most helpful to a man in need, very much appreciated. i converted it to fully pumped s plan,cylinder stat and room stat.
wired it in and now the boiler fires independantly of the programmer. got a sparkie coming tomorro to give it the once over and sort me out.
one thing ive learnt is take me time and plan things better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back