Profile 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Capped off a Profile today due to explosive ignition. BG have been out to it, its had a new Gas valve , new PBC and new pilot assy, The pressures are bang on. Cust lost rag with BG and called me. Im suspecting the new gas valve thats een fitted s knackeded. Anyone had this before on this boiler??

Sponsored Links
Its usually either the inner flue corroded or the white wire on the wiring set from the board to the gas valve .

the white wire on the wiring set from the board to the gas valve .

Eh? I assume you mean the main opens when pilot not lit?

ChrisR said:
the white wire on the wiring set from the board to the gas valve .

Eh? I assume you mean the main opens when pilot not lit?

Certainly do chris, it's where the white wire breaks down or has a path to earth. Usually condensation rotting through the inner flue causes explosive ignition on these though. FGA will pick that up straight away.

Sponsored Links
Its neither of the two things you mention....its has a new flue assy 1 year ago, once lit its readings are .0008. It you pull a wire off the pilot solenoid to stop the pilot lighting, no gas comes through.

Im going ith a PCB and gas valve today so ill let you know.

Different part of the gas valve (solenoid) but had to change a WRodgers one on a Profile yesterday which was less than a year old!

Nobody's interfered with the little brass air restrictor have they - could lead to ignition before fan up to speed?

had a profile 80 lpg with explosive ignition as you say the pressures were spot on boiler has been serviced correctly since installation 10 years.it never suffered the ignition problem while i was there but i noticed the gas valve was a bit noisey with a hum and rattle so duly replaced complete valve been as quiet as a mouse ever since

Believe it or not the APS was knackered.....long story. Flames not longer shooting 3 feet out the flue now anyway!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back