Programmable stat short battery life??

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by D_Hailsham, 19 Mar 2014.

1. D_Hailsham

D_Hailsham

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Battery operated programmable stats are often criticized because the batteries need changing frequently, or so it is alleged.

I went to my Honeywell CM927 just now and the low battery sign was flashing. So I got a fresh pair of Duracell Ultrapower Duralock and started to change the batteries.

Off came the cover and out with the old (Duracell Plus). Behind the batteries was a slip of paper with 22-10-10 written on it - the date I had last changed the batteries - nearly three years and five months ago!

The old batteries measure about 900mV.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. Whitespirit66

Whitespirit66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Going to the other extreme, just changed a Drayton Digistat 3RF that was eating a pair of new Duracells every 2 days. Suppose it had some kind of short in the circuitry .

4. mogget

mogget

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The batteries in my Digistat 1's lasted years too. Bit early to tell with the Digistat+'s. Fingers crossed :)

5. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I would wonder if it was continually transmitting.

They normally give three short transmission bursts whenever there is a change in status.

Tony

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Whitespirit66

Whitespirit66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, that's a possibility. The customer was using pound shop batteries and having problems getting the ch to come on. Suggested changing to decent alkaline batteries, which improved things a bit but they were only lasting two days.

Decided to cut our losses and binned the old stat and paired a new one up with the original receiver. All hunky-dory now.

Thanks Tony.

7. David937

David937

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Batteries in my VRC430f are nearly 2 years old now, the first unit I had was draining batteries for fun but Vaillant kindly replaced the unit; in fact the batteries they supplied with the unit are the ones that are nearly 2 years old :)

8. swbjackson

swbjackson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've taken to chucking the batteries that come with the various wireless controls away and fitting duracell ones. I've had far too many call backs to wireless stats where the supplied batteries have given up the ghost after a couple of weeks.

9. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

10. Sponsored Links