Programmer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is for a mate of mine. Two months ago he replaced his existing kaput programmer with a Horstmann Centaurplus C21. This is also now kaput. He was going to return it tomorrow but we've been having a read of the instructions. There is a link at the back of the C21 which should be left in place for FULLY PUMPED or CONTROLLED systems and removed for GRAVITY or PARTIALLY CONTROLLED systems. His system has a cylinder, a pump and a two port motorised valve, the pipes are all 22mm. We suspect that the hot water is a gravity circuit and the link should have been removed. Are we correct?

Sponsored Links
are the two motorised valves teed off after the pump if so its a fully pumped system, if when hot water only is selected if the pump runs it is fully pumped if the pump doesnt run its a gravity system

It doesn't matter that much which setting you have the programmer on. It won't have caused a failure. The Centaur programmers seem a bit prone to such failures.

Thanks for replies. He's going to try and exchange it today and fit it with the link removed. If this one goes kaput he reckons it will be time to call someone.

Sponsored Links
Matey-boy has replaced duff programmer and it is working(as you would expect). However the pump comes on when hot water only is selected. Before he decides to call some one in is this necessarily a problem?

his post says one two port valve. its probably set up gravity then when ch is called for it fires pump and opens motorised valve ( valve to stop hot water warming upstairs rads i guess) so programmer should be set up for gravity hot water

Sorry I haven't thanked anyone for their recent posts, PC has been on the blink. As far as I know things remain the same but apparently the " two port motorised valve" is in fact a " three port motorised valve". Don't know which book he's been reading, or if this affects the way things should operate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back