Proper order in turning water on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this isn't a too silly question, I have to shortley turn of my cold and hot waterto do some work. I have a combi boiler so know u just turn off the outlet hot water valve on the boiler. For the cold , due to an old lead inlet cold water pipe, witha dodgy stop cock, i will have to turn the cold off at the meter in the driveway, has a new stopcock there. My question is , is there a proper order in turning the hot and cold water supplies back on. I assume i should do the cold first , then turn on the combi hot water valve. Is that correct, and am I likely to get air locks etc in the hot water system, or will the mains pressure push these out

Sponsored Links
You dont need to touch the combi. Just turn off the cold water at the meter and open all the taps to drain off.

When you have finished turn on the cold water and turn of each tap as the wter gets to it.

Job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back