Pros & Cons of different Central Heating Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending replacing central heating system soon for various reasons, and have searched long and hard both here and elsewhere for the relative pros and cons of conventional versus combi systems as well as seeking advice from a number of plumbers.

Thing is ... nowhere seems to detail an exhaustive list of what the relative pros and cons are (except that oilman likes combis as it keeps plumbers in work!). I have heard umpteen different opinions on this site and others about what is best for various different scenarios.

So.. here is the challenge ... WITHOUT me revealing my requirements (space, cost, efficiency, usage etc) can anybody propose at least a rough guide on how to choose.

Seems like this topic is raised very regulary and would benefit all if this was documented once and for all.

Sponsored Links
km2000 said:
So.. here is the challenge ... WITHOUT me revealing my requirements (space, cost, efficiency, usage etc) can anybody propose at least a rough guide on how to choose.

No a system is designed by a competent heating installer on these requirements. The only installer who would guide your choice with no information on your requirements is one I certainly wouldn't want in my house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back