Protecting/Marking an External Gas Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick Question, there is a Gas pipe that runs on the outside wall for 6 meters before entering the house to supply the boiler.

It is fixed with Stand off clips to keep it away from the mortar and it is wrapped in dark denso tape.

It has no other markings that indicate it is a gas pipe.

Should it be marked as a Gas Pipe. Do I need to wrap some special branding tape around it or is it fine unmarked with the standard denso tape. Also should/can I wrap a foam sleeve around it for further protection from the elements.

I assume I'm allowed to do this as it doesn't involve relocating or altering the physical pipe (Corgi Only).

Thanks
Liam

Sponsored Links
hi,

it needs protection from poss damage from ie wheelbarrows etc, so if its high up anyway it should be fine as it is.
plastic is deemed to suffer in the sunlight so should not be used for clipping. saying that the plastic ones will last u for years, so if its already done i would not worry.
protection against weather....not needed

Thanks JPC,

Can I wrap a foam sleeve around it? Are they for outdoor use?

Sponsored Links
ordainairy foam sleaving will rot

I once put guttering over a gas pipe on an outside wall, (mechaniical protection) screwed it to the wall at the edges of guttering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back