pump wont stop running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have noticed that my water pump doesnt stop running. The only way I can get it to stop is by turning hot water off. I normally leave my hot water on all the time and have noticed in the runs all the time even if the boiler isnt running. Any suggestion what I should replace first!!!! Thanks :confused: Dawn

Sponsored Links
Model - Boiler Prima B - Pump - grundros ups15-60 super seleletric

Pump running all the time even if boiler isnt running. Will only turn off if I turn hot water off on main contol unit.

Nothing has been done or changed

started about 3wks ago

Happens when hot water program is turned on

hope this helps

dawn

do you have one of these :?:

p1758621_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does that mean that your hot water is getting a lot hotter than it did before? Could be a problem with the thermostat on the hot water cylinder. Does the pump stop if you turn the thermostat way down?

If the above were on the right lines you probably would have noticed that the boiler's on a lot when it shouldn't be, too.
Could be you need one of these
451450.gif

It's behind the knob.
Turn off at mains, pull red wire of the thing I've pictured and insulate it.
If problem fixed, you need a new one of the above. Follow the link(right click, Properties).

Thx for replys

Water is not hotter.

Its not the same as the above pic

Havnt turned therm down yet, will try that when i get home[/img]

Hi

its all fixed, husband got a new thermo for hot water cylinder.

thanks for help

dawn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back