Push close type catches for bathroom cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of making some in-wall cabinets in the bathroom and I don’t want to have the usual knobs on the front, instead I would like some of those catches that can be fitted to kitchen doors where you just push the door and the door opens.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these from – Any online retailers ?

Thanks!

Mark.

Sponsored Links
these are a lot neater than the SF ones.

Or there are these but the black may look out of place in a bathroom.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Just ordered both to see what they are like - nice one thanks!!

God the internet is great for this kind of stuff. I have driven round miles all your usual DIY stores and found nothing - single post on here and a few helpful people and I found exactly what I wanted - brilliant!

I ordered the black ones for my B&Q kitchen doors. They look pretty good quality. Nice and chunky with a good spring. I was also hunting high and low for these!

update on these - they haven't got enough spring to open the B&Q kitchen doors.

Anyone know of any more powerful ones?

Take one or both of the springs out of the door hinges. Not sure if it can be done with the FVG's from B&Q but its an easy job with Blums or you can buy unsprung hinges.

Spring may be in the form of a white plastic moulding.

Jason

okey - I can try this, I did think of that myself, although I wasn't sure whether I could remove them or not.

presumeably I can get unsprung ones from woodfit?

Jason - bit of a long shot, but do you know if these would fit B&Q doors?

Should not be a problem, but make sure you get the correct mounting plates as B&Q carcases are 15mm and their hinges have a +3mm mounting plate.

I'll see if I have a B&Q hinge laying around and if the spring can be removed. Will report back later.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back