Pyronix Sterling 10 & Texecom Odyssey E/1 siren/strobe p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can someone help me, I have just installed a Pyronix Sterling 10 alarm system and have connected a Texecom Odyssey E/1 bellbox. Everything seems to work fine except the siren and strobe on the Texecom bellbox won't activate when the alarm is triggered. The internal sounder activates ok when the alarm triggers. Also when I try to do a System Test from the control panel for the strobe and siren nothing happens, again the sounder test works fine.

I can confirm the siren on the bellbox will activate when in tamper mode (removing the cover off the bellbox) and also the strobe was tested by connecting the strobe (S) on the bellbox to Bell- on the panel, so I can confirm the siren and strobe do work just not in alarm activation.

I have connected the panel to the bellbox as follows (Sterling 10 first):

Strobe C, Bell C & Bell- = D
Strobe N/O = S
Bell N/O = B
BT = C
Bell+ = A

FYI - the internal Sounder is connected to Bell N/O and works fine in alarm activation.

Please can you advise why the siren and strobe may not be activating, is the wiring correct or is there a setting on bellbox that could be causing this? I believe the Texecom bellbox is compatible to use on the Sterling 10.

I would really appreciate some help as I believe I have tried everything and still cannot get the siren or strobe to activate.

Thanks
Pav

Sponsored Links
Try this ;

Sterling / Odyssey

Bell + / A
Bell N/o / B
BT / C
B- / D
ST N/o / S

Also put a negative to the Bell C and Strobe C.

Should do the trick.

Thanks for quick response Alarm, can you confirm how best to connect the negative to Bell C and Strobe C?

I think currently they are linked with jumper/resistor wires (small wires with type of resistor in the middle): So currently Bell- goes to Bell C and then Bell C goes to Strobe C.

Could it be these jumper/resistors that are linking the Strobe C and Bell C? Should i just use alarm cable and link them directly to the Bell- connection?

I believe all the other wiring seems to be correct as per what you have said so I believe it is the way i have linked the Strobe C, Bell C and Bell- up thats causing the problem.

Thanks again.
Pav

Could be diodes, fitted the wrong way around :D Or wrong rated pull up`s :D :D
Use some standard alarm cable to wire B- . C & C.

A quick test would be to just put the Bell trigger onto B- it should ring, that tells you the rest is wired correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thats the name :D diodes

Couldnt remember what they were called hence the kind of description. Yes its definitely looks like diodes put on. So i think best i remove them and just use alarm cable to connect them all back to Bell-

Hopefully it works, will give it a try tonight and let you know.

Thanks again Alarm.

Alarm thanks very much as problem is now fixed with the siren and strobe, seems it was diodes that had been put on which i replaced with alarm cable. All fine now.

One other thing i noticed which hopefully you might be able to help with is that the control panel tamper does not seem to work. I have two red wires for the tamper switch which i assume should be connected up to the 2 tamper connections, however nothing seems to happen when i remove the cover for the control panel.

In fact i tested the PIRs tamper too and again these do not seem to activate when i remove the cover. They too are connected to the 2 tamper connections. Any ideas ???

Thanks
Pav

Take it out of "engineers" .
Also remove any links in the tamper terminals.

Have taken it out of engineers mode and then removed the cover, makes no difference and only other links into the tamper terminals are the ones for the PIRs, which when i also tested by removing a PIR cover, didnt seem to work. There are only 2 tamper terminals on the control panel so wasnt sure if there is a dedicated one for the control panel tamper switch.

It has 2 red wires from it labelled 1&2 on the switch. There is nothing in the manual to say where to connect these wires and if in any order, so i assumed these would go to the 2 tamper terminals that the PIRs are also connected to. But like i say no tampers seem to work, PIR or control panel and have tested this in arm mode as well as disarmed.

Not sure what might be the problem. Bell tamper works but that has its own tamper terminal. Any other tests i could do or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back