Quadrant shower tray base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Lovely new quadrant shower, but how on earth can I fill the 5" gap between the bottom of the tray and the concrete floor? Need something bendy. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You can buy a PVC trim from most of the main DIY stores. It is generally used to trim around windows and can be anything from 1" to around 8" wide.

Sponsored Links
Had same problem myself. Pvc trim would be ideal if you can get some. Had difficulty finding some of appropriate size and flexibility so ended up using hardboard with white backing on one side cut to size. Fixed pieces of four-by-two(or whatevers appropriate) onto floor slightly recessed from quadrant edge so that board forms arc following quadrant shape when fitted. Screw in using mirror screws, then mastic edges. If needed access to trap in future wanted removable board, but otherwise brumylad's method looks like a neat finish. Good luck.

Why not go back to where you bought the tray and just buy the correct panel for it !

You would've thought. Didn't sell them anywhere when I looked.

Well they do sell them, just purchased one myself. I guess it depends where you go, you get (or not) what you pay for....

Fair shout. Just offering option to someone who found themselves in same situation i did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back