Questions on blockage possibly made worse by power flush

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by davidc123, 17 Dec 2016.

1. BigSnoopy01

BigSnoopy01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    x800 is only effective for upto 24hrs. thats what i was told by sentinel techincal. x400 is better if leaving in for a few days/week.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. davidc123

davidc123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes i mentioned earlier that I'm going to let the x400 work and if no improvement I'll try x800, though I'm thinking ds40 might have a better chance.

Anyone have any opinion on whether a grundfos vp5/2 in a turbo max 824e can be replaced with a ups2 15-50/60, without replacing the whole body?

Thanks

4. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well then there must be two guys there that give differing advice.
    Was told that a dirty system required X800 to be left in their system for unto a week after which it loses it properties. And then to flush the system out

5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No, it can't - a UPS2 has a much higher inrush current and will ruin your PCB. You need to use a pump from Vaillant

6. FiremanT

FiremanT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OP: Do you KNOW you have sludge or just guessing?

7. Sponsored Links
  8. BigSnoopy01

BigSnoopy01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Below is the email reply from Sentinel when i asked them about the two chemicals, you can see my question in the email.

EMAIL

Hello,

X800 is a very good and fast cleaner and there is no benefit leaving it in the system longer than 24hrs as all you are doing is unnecessarily circulating the debris it has solubilised/dispersed. If you intend to leaving a cleaner in for longer I would recommend X400.

Question : i need to flush a heating system and want to leave a chemical in the system for 4 days before i flush. I normally use x800 when the boiler has a alu heat exchanger. Can you tell me what chemical would be best to leave in the system for the 4 days before flushing with x800. I was considering using x800 but was unsure if the 4 days was to long and i would be better off using x400.

if you could explain the working life of the two chemicals so i have a better understanding of whats best for what situation? it would be very helpfull.

Regards

Technical Support Desk

Graham Hancock
    Technical Support Manager
    Sentinel Performance Solutions Ltd

T: +44 1928 704 304
    M: +44 7974 572090
    W: www.sentinelprotects.com

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for that.
    Week did sound tad long period in light of fact Ferroquest/ x800 is a 'powerflushing' chemical. No one does continuous flushing for 7 days

Brain bank suitably updated. Thank you

10. davidc123

davidc123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As in the original post sludge was coming out of the pipes in the bathroom.

Just to update, I lost patience with the x400 so drained, refilled and flushed. Noticed there was very little flow when flushing rads from bathroom onwards. Treated with ds40 for 24 hours after vaillant confirmed no aluminium parts, and it's all good now (ds40 was neutralised and flushed fully).

The guy who did the original power flush said the lack of flow was all due to it being 15mm pipes and not 22. Even tried to get me to let him install exterior 22mm pipes going to the back half of the flat... Pretty glad i didn't believe that crap.

11. AGAS

AGAS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    :cry::)

12. AGAS

AGAS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    nope !!

13. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local