"trainees" soldering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there are plenty of comments on the quality of trainees work so comments welcomed on the soldering skills here, i have shown front and back of each model, it was a wee practice thing they done after one demo, and this was their first attempt, and i havent wiped the pipe clean or anything this pic was taken as soon as it was cooled down,

Sponsored Links
Is skill involved using yorkshire fittings? Why not end feed?

Sponsored Links
Child Abuse!!

I bet they can do (20-7) x 5 ... ;)

Exellent - start them young - I was pestering the old plumber who worked with my Grandfather on local refurbs in the town we lived - when I walked home from Primary School :!: He used to kid me on there was a cat trapped under the floorboards - made meowing noises through an airbrick :LOL:

I hope you paid them Kirk ;) ;) ;) ;)

remember i am a parasite who works in a training centre, i CHARGED them £400 for the experience :eek:

i will dig out some end feed and let them loose on that next, they were assisting me last week fitting the boiler in ours so they wanted a shot of soldering, didnt have time when fitting the boiler as i did it after work one night but promised them a shot at the wekend, actually showed them how to bend pipe on the hand bender as well, not too bad at that either, dont know where they get their plumbing skills from (i'm just saying it before some of you do :LOL: )

boys will be boys they are desperate to get a shot of the cordless drill haha

Can they wire a plugtop properly? I think I learnt that around their age. Good visual and motor skills required. Most adults can't wire a plug and have no idea that the cord grip should be tightened or put a 13amp fuse in a bedside lamp plug.

At least the workmanship was better than this. If nothing else, it shows creativity.

Hope it wasn't your training centre Kirk! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back