Radiator brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay guys, dont laugh, this is deadly serious.

I've just been hanging some Heatline rads, and as usual, I've mounted the L shaped brackets with the short side hanging the rads and the long leg against the wall.

All well and good, except it suddenly occurred to me that Heatline probably don't make the brackets this shape just to be pretty - knowing them, there's probably a good reason.

So, once you've stopped falling about laughing, please educate a mere dweeb - why has the bracket got a long side and a short side?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
So you can have the rad at different distances from the wall...

:?:

Okay Rob, I like the restrained reply!!

But.....
Apart from the obvious, does it make any difference to heat distribution. Eg, would the longer leg allow greater air flow around the rad?

:oops: :oops:

and here i am thinking a radiator bracket.was a radiatior bracket.

steptoeandson_1.jpg

Sponsored Links
does it make any difference to heat distribution. Eg, would the longer leg allow greater air flow around the rad?
And greater output yes.
The brackets are usually made to be used for both double and single radiators.
You have the relevant knowledge now so just use them whichever way you prefer or you could try looking for some instructions on the packaging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back