radiator sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just removed 3 rads from my front room and i'm sure the sizes are imperial as the new rads are upto 80cm too small.i have used adjustable tails but they just look naff and a bit of a bodge job.the largest rad is 1600mm and this is too small with the tails and valves connected.even if i used radiator covers i could not use the trv's as these will be in the cabinet.also the pipes are set in a concrete floor and at different angles/distance from wall etc......
I have spent alot of time and money on the room (plasterer,electrician,paint etc) and i don't want to end up looking at mismatched radiators.the rads i have bought are the closest to the distance between the pipes,slightly too small rarther than too big.
any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Either:
  • move the pipes
    put offsets in the pipes
    use fixed rad extensions - at least they don't leak
    use straight rad valves and an elbow on the pipe
    throw the rads away and get a different make - Myson's size increments are different
    use rad covers and change the trv heads to remote sensor type
    get used to it - will anyone else notice?

following up from suggestions the best solution would be for me to move the pipes.as they are set in the floor and are covered over will i be able to shoten/lenghthen them and cover them back over after checking for leaks.i have bought some brass pushfit connectors as space will be at a premium in the floor.would i have to cover the pipes before cementing over them as they have quite a bit of play in them already.thankyou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back