Radiators coming on when not required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a two year old system (Ideal Classic FF50 boiler, Lifestyle LP241 programmer and Drayton thermostat). We do not use the timer, just set the thermostat. We have had a few other problems but now the radiators come on when the thermostat is turned down and hot water heating only is selected, while the radiator heating is switched off on the programmer.

Sponsored Links
Could be bypassing your c/h motorized valve (not shutting properly)

yeah Ive seen this with our older system. Its a very simple system but we suddenly found that the radiators did not work? they were all cold? even though we still had normal hot water. this turned out to be the motorized valve that was not opening. A replacement motorized valve cost about £20? we only needed to change the electric motor part .... not the valve (tap) plumbed bit (thank god!) easy off and on job with some minor wiring.

Can anyone provide a copy of the instructions for the lp241? I inherited one with a house I bought. I'd be willing to pay for an original -- or even a good quality photocopy.

please email me on [email protected] if you can help

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry yet another me too message. can someone please send me link to the site where I can download the manual. I am in the identical predicament as hobjam.

Many thanks

i bet no one sent hobjam an email as most (if not all) posts with personal email address get ignored.

(Gets on Soap box)

It does not achieve anything by giving your own personal email address in a post (it does invite a lot of spam though) and "technically speaking" it is against the forum rules see this

also by posting a personal email address for information it implies the poster will never return since they only want the information.

also hobjam only mentioned the name of the valve not the manufacturer.

these forums are meant for all to help all.

I used to have my email address available in my profile which any one can view, but i removed it because i got too many "personal emails asking for advice" which is as i said not what these forums are for.

some may look at these forums as a "club" for those "select few" and do not reply to any one else, this is not true, we just happen to like it here and will help any one if we can so long as ther origonal question is polite, posted in the correct section, and gives enough information, some say for example "boiler wont ignite, please help" to which one of us will post questions like which boiler, make model etc etc.

also as most questions have already been asked before it does help if you search the forums first, you can then say ifound so and so post but need clarification or similar, it does get "annoying" answering the same old questions all the time

(gets off soap box)

Have you tried searching the net for the manufacturer of the part you are looking for?

This is not quite what you want (oh, ok then it's nothing like what you want) but try this .

this will give you access to the contact link which may help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back