Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. My lounge radiators were taken off to decorate. Now back on, none of the radiators in the house are working. The boiler (very old)does not seem to be igniting. The demand light comes on but nothing else happens.

Sponsored Links
Things to check:

1. Bleed radiators as you could have air locks in the system.

2. Check the BAR presure on the boiler, if u have a combi boiler u should open the filling loop (looks like an isolation valve in between a flexible braided hose). Open the ball fix to an 'on' position and increase the bar pressure to the recommended reading (see boiler manual).

3. Your boiler may have incidentally packed up, nothing to do with removing the radiator, just coincidence.

It sounds like the bioler wont light becoase there is a lack of water in the system, I presumre all flow and return valves have been re-opened on the removed rads?

Anyway Im no expert but thats all I can offer, hope u get it working, good luck.

Thanx, I'll try bleeding rads again. How long do you have to open the flow and return valves. How do you know when the system is full up.

A cold couple of days coming up i think!

cheers

Linda

Sponsored Links
the flow and return valves are the ones that isolate each radiator they should both be left open, you will know when your system is full because.

1) If you have a combi bolier it will have a little pressure gauge that will have a red line on it and when the black "pointer" reaches this it is full (takes only a couple of mins if that for two rads, depending on how much your turned the fill valve)

2) If you have a header tank with ball valve the ball will float on the water and srop automatically, unless that is you have not untied it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back