radius cutters....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am wanting to cut a 35 mm radius into a piece of walnut trouble is I have either a 32 mm or a 38 mm radius cutter, does anyone know where I can get a 35mm radius cutter from???

Also does anyone know anywhere to go on a good course for routing as I find it so frustrating!

regards,

Matt

Sponsored Links
If you mean 35mm diameter that is a standard size for kitchen door hinges. Try Wealden Tools T1835. If it really is 35mm radius (70mm diameter) then it's too big to use on a router

Scrit

Sorry, meant 35mm diameter and thanks for the link but there is only a 32 mm cutter and a 38 mm cutter.

regards,

Matt

Matt

matt_h said:
Sorry, meant 35mm diameter and thanks for the link but there is only a 32 mm cutter and a 38 mm cutter.
Dimension A is the diameter. There are actually 15, 20, 22, 25, 26, 30, 35, 40 and 50.8mm dameter cutters offered by Wealden and they are designed for use in either a drill press or router. The T1835 is a 35mm cutter. I have one in my kit for drilling out for door hinges..........

Scrit

Sponsored Links
As Scrit says the Wealden one is fine and cost includes VAT and delivery, I've got the same cutter. Beware of buying cheaper hinge drills as they may not be suitable for the speed that a router can reach.

Jason

could you not live with a 3mm flat in the middle and do 2 passes!!!!!

or are you only going for a quarter!!!!!

Matt

What you meant was that you wanted to work a 35mm radius cove cut on an edge, or is it? - not quite what you expressed, though. Either way you'll struggle to get a router cutter which does exactly what you require. All the manufacturers make standard sizes and that's that. 32mm radius is the metric equivalent of 1-1/4in whilst 38mm radius is the metric equivalent of 1-1/2in and in Imperial days at those sorts of sizes moulding planes would have gone up in 1/4in increments as well. You can get a bespoke cutter made by companies such as Titman, although the probably cost is £70 to £90 + VAT, alternatively the job could be done by someone using a spindle moulder, although once again a set of HSS knives would cost at least £40 + VAT. Is there any reason why you can't work with standard profiles?

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back