Rain Water Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two of the drains taking water from the rainwater down spouts are blocked - i think through years of accumulated moss from the roof.

However when i pour water down a nearby drain that isn't blocked it does not follow the normal sewer as cannot be seen flowing when I remove the man hole cover further along the main sewer.

Have I just got collapsed drains that mean no water from the rainwater down pipes is reaching the main drain, or do these just run to a seperate system - e.g. a French drain under the paved over patio.

The house was built in 1902.

Thanks Martin

Sponsored Links
They may well run into two different systems. Surface water into a soakaway under your garden, or straight off into a local watercourse without any treatment, and foul waste into the sewer and off to the treacle farm. That's why you should make sure you don't put the wrong thing in the wrong hole, so to speak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back