randall 103E controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved house,inherited a homewarm 600 system that works fine.cannot set the clock on randall 103E,can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
I cannot set the timer on this unit and it's been driving me bonkers for a few months since moving and the weather change. I just have no control what so ever on when the heating comes on and off, I cannot fathom out how to set it, and on every other property i have lived in I have mastered the timer easily with no need for instructions.

I also have a Drayton thermostat whith this GCH system, and it seems not to work at all, any idea on either anyone?

103E is current so should be on their website. If not I can email a scan.

Drayton, which stat? probably wrongly wired, they often are.

high guys or gals .Dont feel stupid. as an installer i hate em . British gas like fitting em but go to an old couple & u might as well be in a call centre in Deli. If u dont like it bin it.life to short 4 tish like that.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris R - thanks for your response!

I haven't located the Randall website to check for instructions. Any info you have please email me on [email protected]

The Drayton thermostat has no model number anywhere on the box unit on the wall so I am a bit baffled.

I have the same no of radiators in this house as my last and my heating costs have almost trebled!

I can't bin it, a.> I can;t fix another one up and b.> I am renting my home so the heating system is not for me to tamper with I'm afraid.

I fully take on board what you are sayign abotu how to work them, I pride myself on understanding gadgets without the need to read a manual, however the randall 103e makes me feel like a 93 year old pensioner trying to programme the video!

You find the 'Randall' site by googling 'Danfoss' or 'Danfoss Randall'

Danfoss were kind enough to post myself a copy of user handbook.If you send me a pm with yr address I'll do same for you.I laso have a copy of instruction/installation manual if required.By the way after reading user manual,I found out I was operating various buttons corrcetly-dam thing is just slightly broken,so If anyone can reccomend a replacement thats a simple straight swap-I would appreciate it.Good luck to one & all.

golfcarmad said:
Danfoss were kind enough to post myself a copy of user handbook.If you send me a pm with yr address I'll do same for you.I laso have a copy of instruction/installation manual if required.By the way after reading user manual,I found out I was operating various buttons corrcetly-dam thing is just slightly broken,so If anyone can reccomend a replacement thats a simple straight swap-I would appreciate it.Good luck to one & all.

The only thing that's a straight swap is the same one...they often are used as a complete wiring centre.

None of these instructions are the same as the timer I have. The unit I have is 103E only and was installed in the property in 1979. Does this mean I may have to contact the company direct for some archived instructions?

Chris R - I did notice some details of the Drayton thermostat downstairs set next to the timer and above the boiler in a box on the wall. What exactly did you need to know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back