Ravenheat Condensing boiler intermittent flame failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a condensing boiler about 1 year old.
It is working ok, but about once a month the orange warning light on the control panel warns of flame failure of the main burner. I used to give the casing a knock, and it would fire up. Manually turning the boiler thermostat to on/off does fire it up as well. (Knocking against the casing does not work anymore)
Happened again this morning, and appears only to happen when it is supposed to start up first time in the morning.
Not so good when you need frost protection for the house whilst on holiday.
I am sure one of the experts out there can point me into the right direction.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an ignition problem, which should only be investigated by a Registered Gas Engineer. You could ring Ravenheat first, they might well be familiar with the problem.

Heres a couple of known faults to try
If you had to hit it on the top right look at your air pressure switch. If it says Honeywell then thats probably it. [Competent DIYer job]
If you had to hit it on the bottom left then the same applies but this time to the gas valve [Corgi only]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies; I shall give it a try (except for the gas valve) and report back if it does happen again.
What puzzles me actually; it happened the first time the boiler was installed. (on the first run)
The engineer knocked the bottom of the casing, and it fired up.
"That will be ok" I heard...............
This might point to a sticky gas valve; but why does it happen only once during about a month ?
Thanks for your replies

If its less than a year old call ravenheat and tell them the problems you have been having and they should replace it FOC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back