Ravenheat csi 85t problems AGAIN. Newbie needs help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, new to this forum, got a problem with a csi85t ravenheat.
Whew here goes.
As per the previous posts all over the net, the pilot lights but after 55 secs the main burner will not light and every thing shuts down with a no flame light. I am a maintenance manager with 8 years maintenance experience as a factory tech and offshore so I hope that deals with the capability issue. According to the manual I should check the ignition board OR the gas valve. This would initially seem like a thermocouple problem but seeing as this boiler doesn't have an actual thermocouple it has a kind of dual purpose igniter wire / resistance reference. Anyway my mate had a used boiler which failed after about 1 month which he replaced with a different unit I managed to scrounge this unit off him. I replaced the ignition wire and as per the previous posts I disconnected the earth from the condensate tank therefore not enabling the condensate sensor to short out in the water and cut the burner feed. this didnt work. I replaced the gas valve and the ignition board and the main pcb all to no avail. I replaced the thermister units in the DHW pipe to the heat exchanger and also the one in the CH pipe. Still no joy. The only thing I haven't changed now are the fan and the differential pressure switch so should these be next. The only problem I can see is that I don't know the original reason for the failure of my mates unit and my swapped parts aren't guaranteed to be good parts. Does anyone here know what voltage references I should find and at what points. I have checked the modureg regulator and only have between 8 and 12 volts when the burner is on pilot and it doesn't switch to 240volts when the burner is meant to fire.
How can I check the output from the diff pressure switch to ensure this isn't being shut down as a safety issue because the purge cycle has failed and what readings should I expect here?
I also have the condensate sump 3/4 full water.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
*Didnt read post properly.....will come back!*

No not corgi registered, originally an electrician now maintenance manager in a factory. Good understanding of most things but obviously not my area just trying to sort out my problem for my wife and kids to get a bath. :(
I have cleaned out the condensate sump and isolated the ignition wire from the condensate sump but it doesn't even want to run for 55secs now just ignites then shuts off for 3-5 secs then reignites. I will obviously need a diagnostics check but who do I use in south wales and what sort of money am I looking at? :cry:

Sponsored Links
not sure about what voltage it should be but its meant to change from ac to dc when ignited ;) ;)

if it does not change from ac to dc then it will go off and try to re-ignite as the circuit board thinks its not ignited :rolleyes: ahhhhh!!!!

is element if the flame 100% doesnt matter about flame impingement :eek:

oh feck im not a corgi and ive just wasted more money on extra parts that might not work whan i could have had a full service too :oops: :oops: :oops:
:D :D :D :D

I took the plug from out the front of the pump and touched the centre spool with a small driver and it started to spin. Methinks the pump may have been stalled / siezed but because I cant get it to run for any length of time now I cant see if this was my fault. :rolleyes:
Swapped the fan and the diff pressure switch but nothing.

Problem now solved, a local lad who services boilers took a look and checked all the things I had, then just when he was ready to throw in the towel he did a continuity check on both gas valve solenoids and found one open circuit which was the cause of my pulsing on and off. He then replaced my OLD valve which got the pilot up for 55 secs again then he removed the gas valve again and stripped to find the solenoid sticking which he coated with wd40 and reassembled then switched on and hey presto one boiler on line.
Thanks for the interest anyway, may stop again if I'm stuck.

All the best.

Lyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back