Ravenheat LS80T Cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. I have a Ravenheat LS80T installed. When i turn on the hot water the burner fires up, then it stops after a few seconds and the flame failure light comes on. The same thing happens with the heating, the burner fires up, the pump runs, the electrode continues to spark with the burner lit, then the flame failure light comes on. I can reset it after a few seconds but the same thing happens time and time again. This is a new boiler. I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer, but if as you say it is a new boiler why not call back the person who fitted it?

Thanks Breezer but I fitted it :oops:

I'll have to get a Corgi engineer to look I suppose, but I was hoping for some suggestions as to the cause of the problem so I can rectify it myself.

Dubhe said:
Thanks Breezer but I fitted it :oops:

I'll have to get a Corgi engineer to look I suppose, but I was hoping for some suggestions as to the cause of the problem so I can rectify it myself.

Oh dear well if your not a CORGI reg person you cannot have completed a BENCHMARK certificate in which case the best of luck getting any decent, qualified and competent engineer to work on it, not only that but any manufacturers guarantee is now also null and void.

This is why fitting a boiler is NOT a DIY job feel free to seek as much advise et etc as you can handle but please get a competent engineer to fit it.

as for the problem it is more than likely the flame recognition that is faulty so its going to be a new PCB, shame as this would have been a warrantee call

Sponsored Links
Boiler now working. I called a corgi registered engineer who switched the boiler on and it worked first time. No problems since. Is that sod's law.

The engineer didn't charge as he didn't have to do a thing.

Any problems in future and he'll be the one I call.

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back