Ravenheat not firing up - female needs help!

B

Ballgirl

Hi I have a Ravenheat combi and its not firing up to heat the house.

It does briefly fire up to heat hot water when I turn the tap on but then it seems to cut out after about 30secs - 1min.

What can be wrong?

I've phoned my home emergency service but they probably wont be able to come out until tomorrow.

It's really cold in here, :cry: please help!!

Sponsored Links
It is difficult to guess what the problem is!

It sounds as if it may not have been serviced for a long time.

Better to pressure your emergency service to send someone today, they have repair firms available to call.

Tony

It's hard to say when it was last serviced as I only moved in November.

It was working fine last night and I can't see how it can fire up for water ut not heating

Is the pressure gauge reading between 1 and 1.5 on the front of the boiler

Sponsored Links
Which model Ravenheat have you got :?: It could be a number of things thats causing the problem :confused: So we need more info.
Working in Manchester next week if you need assistance:cool:

Pressure is reading at 1 bar which is what it's normally at.

i dont have any idea what model it is. It's not written on it anywhere. :confused:

I know its not much to go on.

Stupid 'emergency' people can't get out until tuesday so looks like its going to be cold here for a while.

What happens when you set it for heating? the fact that it fires, albeit briefly, for hot water discounts a lot that could be wrong with it.

It just sits there doing nothing when the heating should be on, no noises at all. Like I said the only noises it makes is when I turn the tap on.

Well, I'm no ravenheat expert, but it sounds to me like your pump isn't working.

I don't know what the firing sequence is for this boiler on CH, but if a flow must be detected on the flow/return side and isn't then nothing else will happen.

On HW side, the DHW flow switch starts things working, but with no flow around the secondary heat exchanger it will quickly overheat.

I don't know these boilers though, so am probably wrong.

Your help is much appreciated

If it's the pump gone there's not much I can do except wait for them to come out on tuesday.

No, might be worth tapping it gently. It might also be worth seeing if it is actually working although this is sometimes a bit tricky.

well i know after trying the hot tap it was quite warm. I'll have another look though.

Could it be anything to do with the electronics? I only ask as the timer doesnt work on the boiler (hasnt since I moved in). I have to manually turn the heating on and off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back