Ravenheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any ideas on my old ravenheat 820/20t (a part form throwing the thing in a skip). Basicly its running fine in ch mode but when hot water is used for filling the bath it overheats (ie shuts off the gas and the perament pilot goes out). Its o.k. for washing up and washing its just when the bathm is filled.

Sponsored Links
Often caused by sludge in HE, pump not running or DHW thermostat failed.

Tony

Could try changing dhw ntc, or possibly heat exchanger scaled up if you live in hard water area.

With Dave on this one, although Manchester is noted as a hard water area i dont find much scaling, so suspect the DHW thermistor, ok filling sinks but overheats filling bath.

Whoops missed this, sorry Tony, but sludge might that affect the heating as well :!: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Could try changing dhw ntc

With Dave on this one, although Manchester is noted as a hard water area i dont find much scaling, so suspect the DHW thermistor

No thermistors on this boiler lads.

However the DHW thermostat is a common cause of this fault ;)

Well said!

Thats why I suggested the thermostat !!!

That should have been a clue!

Motto, always read previous posts carefully first! They may be mistaken but on the other hand they may not! I made a mistake once!

Tony

No thermistors on this boiler lads.

However the DHW thermostat is a common cause of this fault

So the 82 is the newer version of the 820, and the 84 likewise. :?:

Motto, always read previous posts carefully first! They may be mistaken but on the other hand they may not! I made a mistake once!

Tony

I bow to thee, but you made a mistake once. come on Tony we all make mistakes, dont beat yourself up, we are all learning every day :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back