re-felting shed roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has asked me to re-felt his shed roof. His shed/workshop is 18'x8' with a pent roof. I have only ever felted a an 8x6 shed before, and I just walked into Wickes, bought some felt, and nailed it on...Wanting to make a good job for a friend, I looked around a bit more carefully and I notice that there is a very varied choice of roofing felts available. Can anyone tell me the best stuff to use for a good long life and ease of fitting?
Any other tips, to make the job go well would be appreciated too.
Thanks in advance.
Flashbang..

Sponsored Links
Have a look at
these

They are not cheap but they should last years longer than the standard green mineral. They should be available at most good builders or roofing merchants.

Agree with DAZB, but if you do use felt, as he mentioned, green mineral is the one to go for.

If your friend don't mind paying out a bit more have you thought of metal sheeting and there're not heavy.It only fitted once,then forget about it !
u-panel-blue.gif

You can get difference shape and colour.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help and advice guy's.
We did the job on Saturday, my mate had already bought the felt, but when I showed him these responses, said he would certainly look into improving things next time. Probably about 4-5 years...
By the way, he bought the green mineral stuff...
Thanks again.
Flashbang.

If you want to have a durable and really good looking shed roof, why not consider Cedar roof tiles.

I know its a plug for us, but its well mean't, the beauty of cedar tiles is they go on forever and look great even when aged.

Give us a bell and we'll do you a deal! You can see the tiles on our website, not sure if I should put the link in though ...but I am sure the moderators will remove it if not ************************************

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back