RE light wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased 2 pendents that i am going to wire up so that i can paint and then i'll put up my nice lights after.

I got the pendents and the wiring is as follows. Neutral Live and Loop.

The wiring diagram presumes that the circuit is wired using the ceiling rose as the junction box, but i have wired using the junction box system.

I have 2 wires.
1 wire 2 core & E Blue Brown and earth from the junction box. and the second wire linking the first light to the second.

Can somebody advice on how to wire as i am usually use to a switched live.

I get a bit confused with the loop, i don't kow what actually goes in thier is it the live or the neutral?

Sponsored Links
Andemz - I take no pleasure in this, but I'm a bit alarmed that after nearly a year reading and posting here you still don't understand how a lighting circuit works....

Thanks for that B-A S although that doesn't answer my post.

I have actually had all of my electrics inspected so far and have along the way by a qualified electrician, who states that things are well and that continuity is fine also.

I do understand lighting circuits but at times get a little confused by things at the wiring end.

As you will see in my posts a couple of days ago you will see that i fully understand how to wire up but am just confused as a usally would see sw live live, earth and neutral. I've not come across the loop before as this is one of my first lights that i've wired in.

With respect B-A-S the light is the last thing to connect up and so therefore by virtue of this process being that of an ongoing learning one it is one of the last things to learn.

I have covered a lot in my learning here on the forum and acknowledge that i still have things to learn but am on a journey.

I have covered issues of diversity, RCD protection, FCU's, wiring a consumer unit, time delayed main incomers for TT earth systems and lots more. Lights in comparrison seem easy, but as regards to my process of learning it has come towards the end of my project.

Please can you advise

Sponsored Links
If the loop is the live i take it that the Live is the switched live. :LOL:

Adamz

Blue = Neutral in BOTH Cables

Brown from JB = switched live feed to first light = Live Terminal (NOT LOOP)
Brown from Second Cable = Loop Feed to 2nd Light Point, This MUST be connected into the LIVE terminal with the other BROWN core.

Now that i understand this. I think it is important that we make a diagram and host it in the for reference section on this site.

If you look in the for reference section you will see that every system of wiring a ceiling rose is based on the understanding that you will be wiring the rose using the rose itself as the junction box. (the loop in system) the likes of myself who have wired using the junctionbox system have no guide.

looking back at things now. it is probably a lot eaiser to wire using the loop in system oppossed to the junction box system. You got to wire in the ceiling rose anyway so you might as well focus your attention at the ceiling rose oppossed to the junction boxes.

switch2.jpg

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back