1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Rear extension leaving 2.5cm PD gap cases

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by Alphatiger, 11 Oct 2021.

1. Alphatiger

Alphatiger

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm planning to do a 6m kitchen rear extension under PD but I need to leave a slight material gap between this and the existing protruding 3m side extension. I understand there are several appeal case wins about this gap, at the 2.5cm, 5cm and 10cm gap levels. If these cases are in the public domain, how/where can I find them please? (apart from planning jungle). Better still, if someone can kindly post the links on this thread or message me.

Many thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. tony1851

tony1851

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The majority of appeal cases on these small distances between extensions are actually dismissed.

Strangely, if building a detached structure under Part E, it can be built 2.5/5cm etc from the existing house without breaching the rules.

(you say you dont want to refer to Planning Jungle, but that site details the appeals in a convenient format, and also gives the inspector's reasoning behind the decisions).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1