Reciprocate basic manners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to say if someone asks you "How are you?", and you answer them with how you are, it is basic manners and common decency to then ask them how they are too.

Sponsored Links
But is it just a waste of time? No-one takes a blind bit of notice at the answer you give them.

I once tested this by saying "Not too bad thanks, apart from leprosy of the penis (read pea-niss). How are you?"

"I'm fine too thanks", was the reply.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you should start - they would, if any good, improve the quality of your compositions no end.

Courtesy, politeness and smiles are free.

Anybody who doesn't use them is mean.

Where i live you are greeted with "allright" and my reply is.Yer fine...Some days when i'm greeted wih "allright" i feel like saying,well no i'm not allright,i was awoken by noisey drunks walking passed the house at 2.30 this morning,and to make things worse.The wife as run off with my best mate.(and i dun half miss him) :D ...and another thing,when you've shook hands with anyone....HELLO HOW ARE YOU...Wash your hands.Because they've probally been picking their nose or sneezing in them or just got off the toilet.....i think i'll pack it in now,i'm beginning to get paranoid... :LOL: :eek: :D

Have you notcied how many people don't actually acknowledge you when you hold doors open etc, they just push pass as if its their right. Bet if you didn't bother they would soon complain about how impolite you were :confused: It seems more prevelant in the under 30ish bracket. You can always be guaranteed of a thankyou though from the little old ladies.

vokera80e said:
Where i live you are greeted with "allright"

Surely that should be "Ay-up flower, y'arreet?"

Or "'Ow's tha doin', lad?"

Sponsored Links
Back