Reconstruction of sleeper walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

My house has suspended timber ground floor. I have had to take out some joists that were rotten at one end. The rot has now been cured. I have taken the opportunity to rebuild the central sleeper wall which was starting to crumble. I have rebuilt the brick part but I am having problems with sucessfully cementing the wallplate onto the bricks of the new sleeper wall.

Is there any special technique that I can use to make the wall plate adhere to the mortar? At the moment, the wood is just lifting off after the mortar is dry.

Any ideas? Cheers!

Matt

Sponsored Links
Put dpc with non-rust nails or staples under the timber wallplate then bedded it onto the mortar, the moisture will not soak into the timber causing it to swell up but you do need the dpc anyway.

Don't worry if it a slight movement when the mortar has dried, the weight of the flooring will hold it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back