Recovering Suites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of recovering my living room suite & would like to know if anyone has attempted this project, also I would like to find instruction books, videos, or Dvd's to complete this task also any addresses of UK suppliers of latex/sponge, heavy duty thread, neddles, velcro, tacks etc.

I have managed to purchase the fabric & would appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
All the stuff you need would come from an Upholsterers' suppliers. There are still the traditional shops around, but they're getting hard to find.

Hi ChrisR

Thanks for the information I am also going to try my local library for books on the different techniques.

We, in our time have re-covered several suites. It's not hard, just need patience, a decent sewing machine, a good stapler and a bit more patience.
Don't forget the wadding to put over your foam/latex or you'll always feel like you got a wet bum !! :) :) ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Scoby_Beasley

Thanks for the advice.

A friend has told us that we need to use a 110 or 120 needle size for the heavy fabric we would also like to know what grade of thread to use if anyone can help. :mad:

We used normal "cotton"(albeit a bit thicker than the normal stuff you use to sew a button on), go for small tight stitches and you should be o.k.

Hi Scoby_Beasley

Thanks for the information you have been very helpfull I will now start searching for the thread.

Hi ChrisR

Thanks for the website links, due to your help we have now located all the materials we need for our project all we now need to do is practice on some old material first before starting to recover our suite.

Regards

Mirage38

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back