Red Paint - Straight Line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently painting my bedroom in a very deep red colour.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a straight line :LOL: (only 1 wall is going to be red) against another wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Spirit level & straight edge, Then use the masking tape...Sorry Breezer

Spirit level straight pencil line a good brush and take your time cutting it in.

Paint will creep under masking tape plus it could rip the original stuff off the wall.

There are some speciality tapes out there that are for painting straight lines but personally i dont think they work too well.

Sponsored Links
After you have finished your coats of the red, remove the tape asap, if you leave on too long the tape will take the paint off.

Prior to masking your edge, tear lengths of tape off, and press the sticky side against your jeans, or carpet a couple of times, this will take most of the stickiness away from the tape, and less chance of it taking off the paint when you remove it, it will still have enough stickiness to stay onto the wall. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back