Refill a boiler : pressure problems! help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a ferolli combi boiler, which has worked well for a few years , however I was concerned about the high presure and so I have drained one of the radiators to relieve the pressure.

Unfortunatly the pressure gauge is now at 0 and when I try to refill it with the filling loop the pressure just falls back down to zero. the boiler won't fire and so I have no heating or hot water.

I think I need to refill the system but don't know how to go about this. I have been advised to shut off all the rads andthen turn the boiler on. Is this a good idea? I don't think there are any leaks in the system and I have bled all the rads.

If I do shut off all the rads andthen turn the boiler on , how long will it take to refill the system and get it back to normal pressure?

I'm very inexperienced with this sort of thing any advice would be gratefully appreciated

J

Sponsored Links
I don't think there are any leaks in the system ....

Then where is the water going that you put in from the filling loop?

Don't bother shutting off the radiators, they are not really disconnected from the system as the other end has a valve that is not shut. (Don't bother shutting that one either. You will have to find where the water is getting out.

Alternatively get someone in to do it.

Well I'm not sure what has happened but shutting down the radiators has seemed to have done the trick! Hot water and heating restored..pressure at 1.5 bar and no apparant leaks!

well happy , panic over, everyone have good weekend

J

Sponsored Links
you're not filling to 1 bar then bleeding the rads are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back